Diabetes the generous issue now a days
Before dipping into deep you need to know about the basics such as diabetes and types of diabetes.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes mellitus is popularly known as diabetes. It is the condition impaired the body ability to produce enough blood glucose know as blood sugar. A high degree increase in blood sugar values results in it. The hormone insulin which moves sugar from the blood to other cells for energy. Patients with diabetes cannot use this insulin effectively.
However untreated diabetic condition results in damaging of nerves, eyes, kidneys and other organs too.
Types of diabetes:
Here I am going to list you the few types of diabetes. They are:
Type 1 diabetes: Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease where your immunity power or system destroys. It destroys the cells in the pancreas where the insulin is made.
Type 2 diabetes: Type 2 diabetes occurs when your body becomes resistant to insulin and sugar levels build up in your blood.
Gestational diabetes: gestational diabetes is the high blood sugar caused during pregnancy. It blocks the insulin-producing hormone from a placenta. As a result, Gestational Diabetes occurs.
Prediabetes: It occurs when your blood sugar levels are much higher than normal.
Each type of diabetes had their own symptoms, causes, and treatments.
General diabetes symptoms:
Mainly the diabetes symptoms are caused due to the rise in high blood sugar values. Most general diabetes symptoms include the following.
- You can observe increase in hunger, thirst and weight loss.
- You can experience frequent urination and blurry vision.
- You can observe extreme fatigue and sores that cannot heal quickly.
In addition to the general symptoms, there are symptoms for men and women as well. For men with diabetes may have decreased sex rate and poor muscle strength. For women with diabetes symptoms such as dry, itchy skin and urinary tract, yeast injections are seen.
Symptoms of type 1 diabetes:
The patients with type 1 diabetes may experience the following symptoms. They are:
- Increase in hunger, thirst and unintentional weight loss are the major signs.
- May have the blurry vision, frequent urination and tiredness with little work itself.
The patients with type 1 diabetes may experience different changes in their moods and may get irritated to silly issues more frequently.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
The symptoms of type 2 diabetes includes:
- Increase in hunger, thirst and urination.
- Sore that doesn’t heal quickly and easily and extreme tiredness.
Type 2 diabetes also causes recurring injections as elevated glucose levels make it harder for the body to heal soon.
The symptoms of gestational diabetes are;
It occurs mainly in women and does not have any symptoms unless the blood sugar test is done. Women with gestational diabetes may experience increased thirst and urination in rare cases.
Causes of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes destroys your immune system. It may be caused due to virus attacks or the failure of insulin-producing hormones. Maybe due to genes.
- Type 2 diabetes is caused due to lifestyle and genetic factors. Carrying extra weight in your belly affects the insulin in your blood sugar. It runs in families and overweight.
- Gestational diabetes is the result of hormonal changes during pregnancy. It is caused due to overweight.
However, both the genes and environmental factors play a great role in triggering diabetes.
The high blood sugar levels will affect the tissues, organs and other parts of the body. If your blood sugar is higher than risk factors are also higher and complicated.
The most complications associated with all types of diabetes are:
- Heart stroke, heart diseases and heart attack.
- Neuropathy and retinopathy and vision loss.
- Foot damages, skin infections and depression moods etc.
However, in pregnant women, uncontrolled gestational diabetes results in premature birth, low blood sugar, jaundice, increased risk for type 2 diabetes. You can manage diabetes with medications and lifestyle changes.
For the treatment of type 1 diabetes i.e insulin production, you need to take injection along with medicines. Type 2 diabetes requires a diet plan. Regular exercises and lifestyle changes along with medicines. Gestational diabetes requires regular monitoring of the blood sugar levels.